Put your hand over you heart…that small heartbeat is the only thing that stands between you and eternity in Heaven or Hell. Think about this…if you were to die at this very moment are you ABSOLUTELY certain where you would be spending eternity?
Romans Road lays out the plan of salvation through a series of Bible verses from the book of Romans. When arranged in order, these verses form an easy, systematic way of explaining the message of salvation. There are many different versions of Romans Road with slight variations in Scriptures, but the basic message and method is the same. Many evangelical missionaries, evangelists and lay people memorize and use Romans Road when sharing the good news.
ROMANS ROAD CLEARLY DEFINES:
- Who needs salvation.
- Why we need salvation.
- How God provides salvation.
- How we receive salvation.
- The results of salvation.
ROMANS ROAD OF SALVATION
- Everyone needs salvation because we have all sinned.Romans 3:10-12, and 23
As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.” … For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.(NLT)
- The price (or consequence) of sin is death.Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT)
- Jesus Christ died for our sins. He paid the price for our death.Romans 5:8
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.(NLT)
- We receive salvation and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.Romans 10:9-10, and 13
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved … For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (NLT)
- Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a relationship of peace with God.Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. (NLT)Romans 8:1
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT)
RESPONDING TO ROMANS ROAD
If you believe Romans Road leads to the path of truth, you can respond by receiving God’s free gift of salvation today. Here’s how to take a personal journey down Romans Road:
- Admit you are a sinner.
- Understand that as a sinner, you deserve death.
- Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from sin and death.
- Repent by turning from your old life of sin to a new life in Christ.
- Receive, through faith in Jesus Christ, his free gift of salvation.